M. Bridget Duffy, MD, is the chief medical officer at Vocera and the co-founder of the company’s Experience Innovation Network, a group of industry leaders on a mission to humanize health. Dr. Duffy was the nation’s first chief experience officer in healthcare, creating the new role at the Cleveland Clinic. Since that time Dr. Duffy has mentored and united many remarkable leaders in pursuit of healing the human experience in healthcare.
In this episode of the Caring Greatly™ podcast, Dr. Duffy distills the power of human connection. We explore how changing the conversation can ignite a movement, and how bringing people together unleashes the potential energy of change. We discuss the power of voice in conveying the nuance of human hopes and fears, and the role of technology in restoring humanity to healthcare.
We end on the topic of legacy. For Dr. Duffy, the spark to disrupt the status quo began with a challenge from her mentors, Earl Bakken and her father, Dr. Jack Duffy. Passing the baton to a new generation of leaders, we end with a prescription to humanize healthcare.
Links Related to Dr. Duffy’s Podcast
- Harvard Business Review: Keeping Human Stories at the Center of Healthcare
- Thrive Global: Earl Bakken Leaves a Legacy of Life-Saving Technology and a Vision of Caring
- Medical Economics: Reducing Clinician Burnout Starts with a Fresh Look at Healthcare Technology
- Next Generation Healing Solutions: A Code Lavender® Program (Executive Summary)
- In Pursuit of Resilience, Well-being, and Joy in Healthcare: 2017 Research Report
- Clinical Communication Deconstructed: A Framework for Successful, Human-Centered Communication