Ron Paulus, MD, MBA, is the former CEO of Mission Health in Asheville, North Carolina, and a founder of the National Taskforce for Humanity in Healthcare.
In this episode of the Caring Greatly™ podcast, Dr. Paulus describes how he and his team expanded from a focus on safety to one that put team member well-being at the center of the system’s strategy.
Mission Health implemented a multi-pronged, system-level program to reduce hassles and amplify joys in daily work.
The results: The health system boosted employee engagement, reduced inpatient mortality, improved ambulatory revenue, and was named one of the top 15 health systems in six of the last seven years.
- National Taskforce for Humanity in Healthcare
- A Roadmap to Decreasing Clinician Burnout
- Immersion Day – Transforming Governance and Policy by Putting on Scrubs
- Human Experience at the Forefront: Elevating Resilience, Well-being, and Joy in Healthcare
- Use of the Vocera Communications Badge Improves Public Safety Response Times